Position: Business Development Manager
Location: Kitchener, Canada
Job Type: Full-Time
• You're a self-motivated professional who excels at outbound sales with high-value clients and long sales cycles.
• You want direct responsibility for scaling Spark sales in a targeted region and market vertical.
• You want to be an autonomous member of a growing organization that prioritizes business development.
• You always maintain a high level of dedication.
• You prefer not waiting for the phone to ring. This is 100% outbound, and not an inbound / inside sales role.
• You have the experience and creativity to overcome sales problems autonomously. 'No' is just the first step in the conversation.
• Become proficient in Spark's capabilities, and speak with full authority on the subject.
• Promote and sell Spark, which caters to global clients as the most powerful and affordable solution.
• Achieve mutually-agreed goals for lead generation and quarterly bookings.
• Use our internal sales tools to track accounts, support channel partners, and build client proposals.
• Use the Spark CMS to build feature-complete demos before every client presentation.
• Work closely with your sales and management colleagues to set strategies and deliverables, influence marketing, and drive quantifiable results.
• Work in tandem with our developers to communicate client needs and influence product roadmaps.
• Constantly push leads through our documented sales process, with a combination of phone / web interaction and business travel.
• Deeply resolved and success-oriented by nature, with a strong team-player capacity.
• Have 2+ years experience leading and closing complicated sales / tender cycles for technical products. If you don't have this experience, we'd like to see major personal drive.
• Need to demonstrate outbound or ODR sales experience.
• Technically proficient with software systems, with little reliance on technical sales support.
• Preferably educated in business or marketing.
• Be a perfectionist with very polished verbal, written, and presentation skills.
• Multiple language skills are a plus, specifically: Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin, or Cantonese.
• Always able to craft solutions for each customer's individual needs.
• Have a keen strategic and analytical mind, and a creative approach for overcoming boundaries and obstacles.
Life With Us
We're a casual culture with a mission to capitalize on disruptive, global software opportunities. Our flat organization is comprised of generalists, where staff are part of setting their own goals and can apply their best strengths to projects of interest. This means no day is the same, and everyone gets a say - whether the conversation is on video games, software development, marketing & sales, or designs on the new T-shirts. If you want to be a big part of a rapidly growing startup, we might have a fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
When we employ you, the question is not just what you can do for us, but how we can help get you to the next level of your career - whether it's with Industry Corp, or on referral to your next destination. We believe your employment is a collaborative partnership.